Sea Kayak Outfitter For Sale
A unique opportunity: Own a very well-established sea kayak touring company with a long history of successfull operations in Gwaii Haanas National Park, British Columbia, Canada.
Butterfly Tours was founded by owner & guide Gord Pincock in 1987. Gord fully enjoys the rewards and challenges of running the company and is in no hurry to sell it. However, he would be willing to hand it over to a qualified purchaser sometime in the next several years.
- Some of the most significant values of this business include:
- The tour operator’s quota allocation from Parks Canada.
Transfer of this quota will permit a new owner to legally operate tours within the National Park Reserve.
- Three website domains, including online content and search engine optimization.
Search engine optimization helps ensure continued business success. Check these search terms on Google: (kayak haida gwaii) & (kayak queen charlotte islands) & (kayak gwaii haanas). These high-rated listings are achieved through our long-term search engine optimization strategies; they require no additional monthly fees, or pay-per-click costs.
- An optional one-year training and transition period.
Learn all aspects of the business from Gord; the founder of the company and the most experienced sea kayak guide on Haida Gwaii.
This is a turn-key business opportunity which includes nearly everything the new owner will require in order to step in and continue successful operations.
- Included in the purchase
- Transfer of the Parks Canada commercial kayak tour and mothership cruise quota allocation of 450 visitor-nights per year.
- Online content plus our highly successful internet marketing strategies and search engine optimization.
- Three website domains: seakayak.guide - islandsofbeauty.com - butterflytours.bc.ca
- The fleet of kayaks, paddles, sprayskirts, PFDs, pumps, etc.
- Tents, tarps, kitchen gear and group equipment.
- Business name, logos and published material; promotional information, equipment lists, medical forms, waivers, etc.
- Highly detailed food shopping and packing lists.
- Custom-designed spreadsheets enabling efficient handling of reservations.
- Wholesale purchase accounts with equipment and food suppliers.
- Personal introductions to business contacts.
For transfer of business
This optional one-year training and transition period includes hands-on assistance from Gord during the transfer of all aspects of the business: $28,000 for consulting & guiding fee.
Prices in Canadian dollars
The purchase of Butterfly Tours does not include acquiring the Ocean Light II mothership or the Rose Harbour Guest House; these are separate businesses that work closely with Butterfly Tours. A new owner may choose to continue the mutually beneficial working relationships with these businesses.
Butterfly Tours is likely best suited to an owner who is interested in continuing the hands-on approach to running nearly all aspects of the business. Ongoing tasks include updating the websites, managing the reservations, maintaining the equipment, packing the food and guiding each trip. A new owner may choose to hire people to complete some of these tasks, yet the format of the business may then require restructuring in order to financially support additional workers. Most of our trips currently have a maximum group size of six guests, using single kayaks. A new owner could increase this to eight guests using a mixed fleet of double and single kayaks, or ten guests using a fleet of doubles. More guests per trip can earn more money per week, which could enable the business to financially support more workers.
Butterfly Tours is currently structured to provide the owner/guide a superb self-employed lifestyle, spending each summer in the wilderness of Haida Gwaii, guiding small groups and paddling a single kayak. Prospective new owners may familiarize themselves with the business by participating in our apprentice program.
Thanks for your interest, please contact Gord for more information.