Sea Kayak Outfitter For Sale
A unique opportunity: Own a well-established sea kayak touring company with a long history of successful operations in Gwaii Haanas National Park, British Columbia, Canada.
Butterfly Tours was founded by owner & guide Gord Pincock in 1987. Gord is now willing to hand the business over to a qualified purchaser.
- This business opportunity includes:
- Transfer of the Parks Canada commercial kayak tour quota allocation of 450 visitor-nights per year.
- Two website domains: islandsofbeauty.com & butterflytours.bc.ca
- Online content, including our highly successful meta-tag enabled search engine optimization.
- The well-maintained fleet of kayaks, paddles, sprayskirts, PFDs, pumps, etc.
- Tents, tarps, kitchen gear and group equipment.
- Business name, logos and published material; promotional information, equipment lists, medical forms, waivers, etc.
- Highly refined food shopping and packing spreadsheets.
- Custom-designed spreadsheets enabling efficient handling of reservations and finances.
- Inheritance of goodwill, including the unique business credibility achieved by providing all registered guests with full refunds during the 2020 Covid cancellation.
for transfer of business
Price listed in Canadian dollars
The price for this business has been dramatically reduced due to uncertainties surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic. Tourism will likely experience a significant resurgence due to pent-up demand. As adventure tourism on Haida Gwaii recovers from the global downturn, the valuation of this business will incrementally increase. To receive an email notification before a price adjustment, please complete the form below.
The purchase of Butterfly Tours does not include acquiring the mothership or the guesthouse; these are separate businesses that work closely with Butterfly Tours. A new owner may choose to continue the mutually beneficial working relationships with these two businesses.
Butterfly Tours is likely best suited to an owner who is interested in continuing the hands-on approach to running nearly all aspects of the business. Ongoing tasks include updating the websites, managing the reservations, maintaining the equipment, packing the food and guiding each trip. A new owner may choose to hire people to complete some of these tasks, yet the format of the business may then require restructuring in order to financially support additional workers. Most of our trips currently have a maximum group size of six guests, using single kayaks. A new owner could increase this to eight guests using a mixed fleet of double and single kayaks, or ten guests using a fleet of doubles. More guests per trip can earn more money per week, which could enable the business to financially support more workers.
Butterfly Tours is currently structured to provide the owner/guide a superb self-employed lifestyle, spending each summer in the wilderness of Haida Gwaii, guiding small groups and paddling a single kayak.
Thanks for your interest, please contact Gord for more information.